Furnace Replacement Services in Texoma
Eventually, every homeowner faces the prospect of replacing their furnace. Although this process may be worrisome and confusing, there are HVAC technicians who can assist homeowners every step of the way. Replacing the home’s furnace does not have to be a difficult process.
Signs the Furnace Needs to be Replaced
There are some signs homeowners should watch for that could signal that their furnace needs to be replaced. In some cases, the furnace replacement can be delayed, but having the work done sooner rather than later could save money.
- The furnace is older than 15 years. If the furnace is more than 15 years old, it may be time to consider a new system. Newer units are more efficient and may reduce operating costs significantly.
- Frequent repairs are needed. If it seems the system needs to be repaired constantly, it may be time to consider a new unit. Repair costs can add up to a lot of money. A new system could lower those costs.
- The house is staying cold. If it seems like the furnace is not warming the house as well as it used to, it might be time to consider a new system. As the system ages, it becomes harder for the unit to heat as well as it once did. However, it is important that other causes be explored first.
- Increased energy costs without a logical cause. If it seems like the energy bills are getting higher and higher each winter, it could be that the furnace is no longer able to run as efficiently as it used to. Even with proper maintenance and timely repairs, a furnace will still wear out over time.
- Poor air quality in the home. If the filter is replaced regularly and the ducts are cleaned as needed, but the home is still becoming dustier faster, the furnace may be reaching the end of its life. As the furnace ages, it begins to have difficulties removing the particles from the warmed air before it is blown into the home.
Although no single reason in this list is necessarily a reason to get rid of a furnace, having two or more of these issues may be a sign that furnace replacement services in Texoma, may be needed.
Getting an Estimate
When it becomes apparent that a new furnace is needed, the first step is to get estimates for the replacement. Estimates help homeowners in two ways. First, they help homeowners find an affordable contractor for the job. Second, it provides homeowners with an amount that they can more easily budget.
Many companies provide free estimates for a new furnace. They will often work with homeowners to determine the best unit for their needs. The contractor will also inspect the area where the furnace will be installed to determine the cost of installation for that unit.
Purchasing a new furnace can be a difficult cost for some homeowners to budget easily. Fortunately, many HVAC companies offer financing options. This allows homeowners to have their new furnace installed and ready for the winter without needing the entire cost upfront. Often, homeowners will be able to pay a convenient monthly payment that is easier to manage.
Simply swapping out the old furnace for a new one is not the best option. Newer systems require factory specifications that may not line up with the settings and specifications of the previous furnace. This makes it important for homeowners to hire a professional HVAC contractor for this job.
With a professional contractor, furnace replacement in Texoma can be an easy process for homeowners. A professional contractor will install the unit to the proper specifications and ensure it is working properly before finishing the job. Most professional contractors guarantee their work. This ensures that, if a problem arises with the installation, the contractor will return to fix the issue with no additional charge.
Maintaining the Furnace
Once the system is fully installed, it is important that homeowners maintain the unit so it will provide efficient heating services for its entire lifetime. It is recommended that the unit receives maintenance services once a year before the unit is to be used regularly.
Proper maintenance helps to expand the life expectancy of the unit, improves indoor air quality, and ensures the unit provides proper and efficient heating throughout the winter months. Many HVAC companies offer these maintenance services by professional contractors.
Service with integrity and pride is our motto at All Seasons HVAC Services. We are a small company dedicated to providing our customers with quality services at affordable prices. With more than 20 years of experience, we work hard to keep our customers’ homes comfortable all year long.